These are documents that must be filled out in order to set up or close an agency or project. When you have completed a form, please submit it to the HMIS Help Desk. Please note that HMIS Staff may have follow up questions regarding your completed forms and that responses to inquiries can take up to three (3) business days depending on holidays, work load, and available HMIS Staff.
Please visit the OC HMIS Documents page to find the most current version of the forms in bold font:
- New Agency/Program Set-Up Form: Complete this online form to set up a new agency and/or project in HMIS.
- New HMIS Participating Agencies: Overview and Requirements: Outlines the responsibilities of HMIS Participating Agencies.
- Participating Organization Agreement: Complete this form to indicate acceptance of all terms and conditions set in the OC’s Policies and Procedures if you are setting up a new agency in HMIS.
- Inter-Agency Data Sharing Agreement: Complete this form if you are setting up a new agency in HMIS to agree to share client data among participating agencies via the OC HMIS. All agencies are required to fill out this form, although there are some exceptions based on funding type and populations served.
Please see the HMIS Training Process here.
New Agency/Program Setup Form
This form must be filled out in its entirety in order for your agency and/or project to be set up in HMIS. Some of the fields may be unfamiliar, please check out this short guide below or feel free to enter a ticket with the HMIS Help Desk if you have questions about how to fill out any part of the form.
Program Name: Enter the name of the program you are setting up in HMIS. Please make your program's name descriptive so that you, your staff, and the HMIS staff will be able to know exactly which program the name refers to. For example, "Rainbow House Emergency Shelter" is much more helpful than just "Emergency Shelter."
Bed and Unit Inventory (for residential programs only):
- Number of Beds for Households with At Least One Adult and One Child: The number of beds dedicated to households where there is at least one person under the age of 18 and one person 18 years old or older.
- Number of Units for Households with At Least One Adult and One Child: The number of units dedicated to households with at least one adult and one child. This should be the number of families that can be housed by the project at one time.
- Number of Beds for Households with Only Adults: The number of beds dedicated to households where there are no members under the age of 18.
- Number of Beds for Households with Only Children: The number of beds dedicated to households where there are no members age 18 years old or older.
Program Site Type: Select "residential" if clients sleep or reside at your program. Select "non-residential" if clients do not reside at your program.
Operating Start Date: This should be the earliest client enrollment date for your program, or if your program is not serving clients yet, it should be the earliest date you are able to serve clients in this program.